Former Prop Trader Now Independent Trader │ Twitter: @Shaq48_Trading
Record Date: 10/19/16
Today we talked to a successful trader who began his journey at a prop firm and now trades privately. He’s someone who has fought through the ups and downs, and has learned how to adapt over the years. His name is Jeff Davis.
Jeff gives great advice about why you must adapt to survive as a day trader, and how important it is to put in the work and find an edge in your trading.
He explains to us why he chooses statistics and probabilities to gain his edge and why he doesn’t always go by the book. Finally, he tells us how he managed one of his most chaotic trading days.
Jeff is a passionate guy who many traders can relate to. I really enjoyed the conversation with him and I know you will too.
- Why traders must adapt to survive.
- The importance of tweaking popular indicators to suit your style.
- Why Jeff chooses statistics and probabilities to gain an edge.
- How he managed his trades during one of his most chaotic trading days.
Answers to the 4 rapid fire questions at the end of the show:
- Favorite Book About Trading:
– The Day-Traders Bible
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
– Moneyball, Rounders, and The Big Short
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
– Know who you’re up against. Specialize, and do it better than everyone.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
– Try to simplify and systematize what you’re doing.
- Twitter: @Shaq48_Trading
- Know who you’re up against.
- Trying to trade with too tight of stops is difficult today.