Author of “Master Traders: Strategies for Superior Returns from Today’s Top Traders” │ Founder of Hamzei Analytics │
Record Date: 10/3/16
Today we talked to a very intelligent trader who has an amazing backstory about how he got started in the industry. He is the author of the book Master Traders, founder of Hamzei analytics, and is a nationally ranked market timer. His name is Fari Hamzei.
Fari gives us his thoughts on Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse having a heavy influence on the S&P these days and some possible trade opportunities that he’ll be watching for. Then he talks about using his unique indicators to help traders discover the elegance and structure of the market.
Finally, Fari tells us the story of his most chaotic trading day. It was an awesome discussion with a seasoned veteran who has a ton of experience.
Thank you all for listening, please enjoy this episode.
- His take on Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank influencing the S&P.
- Using Momentum, Volume, and Trend Indicators for decision making.
- How he finds news before the news.
- Fari discusses his most chaotic trading day.
Answers to the 4 rapid fire questions at the end of the show:
- Favorite Book About Trading:
– Derivatives by Robert Whaley
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
– Trading Places
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
– Gill Caffery – “Excellence is repeatability”. Don’t mix skill with luck.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
– Invest your time before you invest your money. Find traders around the area, learn from others.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HamzeiAnalytics
- Trading Book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471790621?ie=UTF8&tag=hamzanalfinan-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0471790621
- Subscription: http://www.hamzeianalytics.com/
- Our jobs as traders are to take the noise out of the markets and find the elegance and structure.
- Trading eventually becomes an art more than a science.
- Lose your bias, get a fresh bias by looking at what’s in front of you.
- We never look at the trades we close, just look at the next one. You learn more from your losers.
- You can’t be wrong for too long.
Relevant chart pertaining to guest’s comments:
Vix, Put/Call Ratio
SPX Daily Signals