Chief Strategist T3Live/T3TradingGroup │ frequent CNBC/Bloomberg/Fox Biz Guest │ Twitter: @RedDogT3
Record Date: 9/27/16
Hello and welcome to episode 90 of Futures Radio Show.
Today we talked to a very successful trader that had an amazing journey on his path to becoming a professional. He is a respected trader in the industry and is frequently giving market commentary on CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business News. He’s the Chief Strategic Officer at T3 Live and T3 Trading Group. His name is Scott Redler.
To start the discussion, we talk about Trump and Hilary, and how he will approach trading during the election. We then move to trader instincts and how important it is to focus on market reactions pertaining to news events.
Lastly, Scott talks technicals in a few names that he’s focused on and shares some useful advice for how stock traders can utilize the futures market. It was great speaking with Scott today, he’s a really intelligent trader who all market participants can learn a lot from. Thank you all for listening, please enjoy this episode.
- How to anticipate trading the election and its’ effect on the markets.
- Why traders need to focus on market reactions to news events.
- How he uses Moving Averages in his strategy.
- Why stock traders should be watching the futures markets.
- Scott talks technicals in Google, Apple, LN, and SPY.
Answers to the 4 rapid fire questions at the end of the show:
- Favorite Book About Trading:
– Will O’Neal How to Make Money in Stocks. The Modern Trader.
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
– Wall Street. The Original.
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
– It’s not a get rich quick scheme. It’s a blue collar job. Make a routine and learn how to follow it. Stay consistent, it doesn’t happen fast.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
– Educate yourself. Learn and develop a style and strategy that suits your strengths and weaknesses. Continue to work on it, evolve with the market. Never think you’re bigger than the market. Develop your trading instincts, keep a journal and write things down.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RedDogT3
- Redler All-Access: http://www.t3live.com/
- Trading Book: https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Trader-Traders-Formula-Success-ebook/dp/B0051H4YPY
Relevant chart pertaining to guest’s comments: