Author of Markets in Profile & Mind Over Markets – General Partner at Jim Dalton Trading
Record Date: 8/27/18
Listen on —> iTunes
Listen on —> SoundCloud
- How Jim got started in Futures Industry over 40 yrs ago
- Why Market Profile is his favorite tool
- How Market Profile gives Jim an edge in his trading
- Morning & Evening Preparation
- Process for Entering & Exiting Trades
- Trading Diary & Trading Psychology
- Self-Understanding vs Market Understanding
- Immersion Training
Q. What Trader has influenced your life the most and why?
A. Learned more from the mistakes he’s made more than he’s learned from anybody else
Q. What was one of the hardest things you’ve had to overcome in trading?
Q. How has your trading process evolved over the years?
A. From trading on the floor, to technical analysis, and now backing away from technical analysis and relying a 100% on himself
Q. What is one attribute that you believe every trader must have?
A. Mental Flexibility
Q. Favorite Book About Trading?
A. Dr. Steenbarger’s books
Q. If you can give a piece of advice to the younger you what would it be?
A. Keep your mind open
Q. What’s the best advice you’ve received about Trading?
A. Importance of being intellectually independent
Q. What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not trading?