Director, DRW Venture Capital
Record Date: 1/9/18
- Why DRW Trading is doing Venture Capital
- Chicago’s Role in FinTech Scene
- What makes DRW different from other VC Firms
- Companies DRW VC is Investing in
- DRW VC Process in Choosing a Company to Invest in
- Trends DRW VC Expects to See
• Who has influenced your life the most and why?
– Mom and Dad
• #1 source you spend your time on?
– Email & Newsletters: Pro rata, Fred Wilson, Axios, Crunchbase
• Favorite Book About Venture Capital:
• Favorite Podcast about VC:
-How I Built This
• Best Advice Ever Received About VC:
-Don’t invest in a founder or company that you wouldn’t invest in yourself.
• Advice to Give to Firms Looking for Funding:
-Get feedback early and listen to it. Leverage your network for introductions to investors.
• If you weren’t involved in VC, you’d be doing what?
-Painting and making stationery