CEO of Level Trading Field LLC
Record Date: 5/3/17
Today I spoke to a man who’s been a consultant for FinTech companies, worked in IT at Citadel, and traded for several years before realizing that information was too expensive. He then set out to create a free financial communication, research & analysis platform. That platform is called level trading field, and he is the CEO. His name is Lanre Sarumi.
[bctt tweet=”#FuturesRadio ‘There’s more to risk management than just pure numbers, you need to see what’s happening in the broader market” username=”lvltradingfield”]
Lanre & I discussed some of the great trading tools the platform offers for free. We chatted about the distinction between HFT’s and Quantitative Trading. Lanre explains how managing your risk as a trader is more than just numbers, and how you should have a broader view of the markets. Finally, Lanre and I talked about Blockchain Technology and where it will be used in the Fintech Industry.
It was an absolute pleasure speaking with Lanre, he is an extremely bright person who is doing magnificent work by providing traders with a free analysis platform. As always thank you for listening, and please enjoy this episode.
- How lvl trading field technology dissects the mass amounts of data differently than Bloomberg or Reuters and helps traders make better decisions.
- How Lanre makes a distinction between HFT’s and quantitative trading. Defining fast and slow trading.
- Lanre explains how traders should approach risk management. Why they should have a broader view of what’s happening.
- What Lanre see’s for the future of blockchain integrating into the Fin Tech industry. Why he feels some institutions are not using it correctly, and why some are using it correctly. It’s a great technology but not the end all be all.
- #1 source you spend your time on?
- Lvl Trading Field. Going over data.
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- Edward Thorp. Beat the Market.
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- Trading Places.
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- You want to be the service provider.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- Have an edge. Do your research and analysis.
- If you weren’t a trader you’d be what?
- Big Data. Machine learning and AI.
- Website: https://leveltradingfield.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lvltradingfield
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lanre-sarumi-0a95821/
- “There’s more to risk management than just pure numbers, you need to see what’s happening in the broader market…” 11:00
- “You need to incorporate data from many sources to manage risk, not just market data…”11:30