Chief Options Strategist & OTF Coach at Hamzei Analytics
Record Date: 3/8/17
Today I spoke to a man that started at the CBOE as a clerk for a market maker and worked his way up to becoming a trader at the CBOE. He moved on to Managing director at One Chicago and today he is the Chief Options Strategist and OTF Coach at Hamzei Analytics. His name is Mark Esposito.
[bctt tweet=”#FuturesRadio ‘It’s not how much you make in a day, it’s how much you have at the end of the year” username=”HamzeiAnalytics”]
I spoke with Mark about the growth and evolution of options trading going from the trading floor to the screen. He stressed the importance of staying up to speed with technology as futures and options evolve. We discussed trader psyche and why knowing your personality is key to successful trading.
I really enjoyed speaking with Mark, he is good guy with a lot of knowledge on the trading industry. I know that you will enjoy hearing his insight on trading the markets. Thank you all for listening, and please enjoy this episode.
- His transition from off-floor to on-screen option’s trading. Becoming tech savvy and competing with huge firms that have more capital.
- What his role is at Hamzei Analytics, and how he teaches the technology to traders.
- Trader Psyche importance, and knowing your personality is key to successful trading.
- How has your trading evolved over the years?
- You always have to change your style of trading as time passes.
- Can you tell me the moment that trading just clicked for you?
- First day in the pit, I found my place.
- What’s the number 1 source you spend your time on?
- I get different opinions. Market watch, Bloomberg, I don’t want to be bias.
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- Master Traders, Fari Hamzei.
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- Wall Street, the first one.
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- Size kills. Trade small, singles and doubles. Not home runs and grand slams. It’s not how much you make in one day, it’s how much you have in one year.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- Analyze yourself as a person. Really know why you’re trading.
- Website: http://hamzeianalytics.com/HFT_OTF_details.asp
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HamzeiAnalytics
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Master-Traders-Strategies-Superior-Returns/dp/1118673034
- “Size kills. Trade small, singles and doubles. Not home runs or grand slams…” 24:00
- “It’s not how much you make in a day, it’s how much you have at the end of the year…” 25:00