Founder of the Fundamental Angle & Expert contributor at the Opportunistic Trader
Record Date: 11/19/18[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEGKVf1hKJo&feature=youtu.be[/embed] Listen on —> iTunes Listen on —> SoundCloud
- Reasons Natural Gas is Volatile Right Now
- The Importance of Watching the Nat Gas Spreads
- Trade Preparation & Execution
- Things Natural Gas Traders Need to Watch
- Seasonality in Natural Gas
Brynne Kelly's Resources:
If you enjoy this interview with Brynne & the topics discussed — be sure to listen to these other episodes with Q Lahre, Tracy Schuchart, & Anas Alhajji.
Futures Radio is a weekly talk show hosted by 18-year futures veteran and CME member Anthony Crudele, an ex-pit trader and one of the first to trade the E-Mini S&P. Each week Anthony talks with traders, CEOs, and other proven market participants about relevant trading and investing information.
- Why Brynne thinks Nat. Gas is trading lower and seeing higher volatility since the start of the year.
- Crude Oil numbers (API and EIA) and fundamentals v. technical indications.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrynneKKelly
- “The way the Nat. Gas market works is you produce evenly through the year, you store for the summer months, and use it during the winter…” - 7:15
Guest:Brynne Kelly Energy and Financial Markets Professional. Specializes in Electricity, Nat. Gas, and Crude Oil.
Dear Traders,Today we have a professional energy trader whose managed multi-million dollar trading desks and has been a hedge fund portfolio manager specializing in electricity, natural gas, and crude oil. Her name is Brynne Kelly, and she has an unbelievable amount of experience as a trader. She explains her daily process preparing for the trading day, why she prefers macro trends over technical analysis, and how to manage major price swings in the energy markets. She provides incredible insight into the world of Natural Gas trading, and gives us her thoughts on the Clean Power Act and how she sees it all playing out.This is a must-listen-to interview for any trader that’s focusing their efforts around the energy markets, as we can all learn a ton of information from Brynne’s experiences. Thank you for listening and Please enjoy this episode.
- Why she prefers macro trends over technicals when trading energy products.
- How to manage price swings in energy markets.
- She explains the price discrepancies in the Henry Hub Natural Gas contract, and why Natural Gas price is so dependent on pipeline capacity. (Logistical Puzzle)
- Her daily process for trading Natural Gas.
- Her thoughts on why the bulls were wrong for Nat. Gas after the Clean Power Act, and how she sees it panning out from here.
Answers to the 4 rapid fire questions at the end of the show:
- Favorite Book About Trading:
Short: Cortright Mcneal
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
Show is Billions. Waiting for the movie: Equity.
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
Always pay your house off first. Big runs don't last forever. This business is full of up's and down's.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
Trading could either be a hobby or a career. Respect the amount of work it takes.
Relevant Charts:Gas and Power Cash Spreads:
Gas, Ethane and Power Futures Spreads:
Additional Interviews from Brynne: http://energyfuse.org/energy-specialist-brynne-kelly-oil-gas-markets-twitter-new-trading-desk/
Favorite Book: https://www.amazon.com/Short-Cortright-McMeel/dp/B0057DAEI8
Brynne's email: email@example.com